Our grain-free dog food recipes were supplemented with taurine since the company was launched. This was because we had to have a sufficient amount of taurine in the diet to make the claim, "Contains taurine for heart health". In July of 2018, when the FDA made their initial announcement about this DCM issue, we immediately added more taurine to our formulas to ensure the health and well-being of our pets.
Articles in this section
- Do legumes block taurine absorption in dogs?
- FDA Investigation into Potential Link between Certain Diets and Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- I heard the FDA called out 16 brands that the dogs reported with DCM were eating. Are these brands "bad"?
- Is pawTree aware of the reported incidents of dogs being diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM), more specifically Golden Retrievers and the possible taurine deficiency in grain-free diets?
- Recent FDA Announcement about Grain Free.
- What conclusion has the FDA made regarding DCM in dogs?
- What do I tell my customers who want to supplement their dog's diet with taurine?
- What would you recommend we tell customers who are interested in our food but are concerned about the risk of developing DCM or already have it?
- What’s the latest update on DCM from the FDA?
- Why should I feel confident in pawTree's grain-free recipes?